Saturday, June 1, 2013

Reflecting on This Past Year


 It's almost been a year of marriage, and increased responsibility. And let me just say its been a great year filled with God's faithfulness, His grace and mercy, challenges, failures and mistakes. 
Through it all I've been humbled, encouraged, beaten, victorious, and have learned some great lessons. 
Ive made mistakes and have called out to God. 
I've been apathetic and have been kicked in the butt. 
I've been weak and tired yet God strengthened me. 
I've been clueless on what to do and God's provided wisdom and the answer. 
I've been desperate and in need and God has provided.

God never fails! His love is amazing and He cares so much that he is willing to love us even though we've made  mistakes, use them for His purposes, and use them to teach us to do what is right.

God has used this past year to motivate me and prepare me for this next year. I feel like I'm bursting with ideas to help improve the Bible school that I've been working with. And I feel so excited to have opportunities to teach others the Bible and to implement ideas that I've learned from mistakes that I've made this past year. God has given me a desire and passion to see others know the Bible so that they can Know God better and to pass on what they've learned. This excites me and I feel so privileged to be a part of what God is doing here in Tijuana.

No matter what position I hold, responsibilities I carry, these things don't determine my spirituality. They don't determine what my relationship with God is like. My spirituality, my relationship with God, is determined by my internal self rather than my external circumstances. I've learned that I need to live in the basement, to live like Paul, upon the foundation which is Christ. Paul was not swayed by the external circumstances. He stayed true to His inner self, which was Christ. I've been called to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment